Thursday 26 April 2018

4-ingredient vegan crêpes

Vancouver, BC, Canada

There's just a couple more weeks until I leave Vancouver to visit my family in France for 3 months. 

I am so excited to see everyone. FaceTime is great, but it's not the same, you know? Also: British TV. I am so ready to watch some Take Me Out and EastEnders. Lol.

I am also kind of nervous, though, because I know there will be some arguments. 

Every family argues, but with a family as big as mine there are like...  four a day. The good thing about living 8500 km from my family is that I have largely stayed out of these arguments (definitely not completely stayed out of them but I've done pretty well).

So maybe it's because I'm missing French life (or just because I have a craving) but I have made crêpes twice this week. Both times I have used a vegan recipe. 

I think I've really perfected the recipe because I made them today and they turned out the best yet. Now I just need to work on some sort of syrup for the topping.




Vegan Crêpes

Ingredients (makes 5-6)
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 cup almond milk (FYI it does give an almond aftertaste)

Method:
1. Mix everything together 
2. Use a spoon to put enough of the mixture in your fry-pan to thinly coat the bottom
3. Flip when the top is covered in these sort of popped bubbles thingy

Post a Comment

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.