Monday 10 September 2018

homemade mac & cheese


Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well!

Since I wrote my last post, I have got a job. It's an office job on campus and it seems pretty chill so far. Well, the job is chill... some of the people who come into the office are not chill. I've been yelled at already by a lady for not "doing my f-ing job."

Lol. Gotta love customer service.

My classes have also started. This semester I'm in all fourth year Political Science classes. I'm a bit scared because I still don't really know much about politics. I seriously could not tell you what a "liberal" is.

Right now everything is fine, you know, because I don't have any actual papers or assignments due  yet. When I have assignments to hand in and I'm working every other day of the week, I think I'll be a bit more stressed. But I'm sure you'll hear all about it when that time comes.

And so, I wanted to write another recipe post before this blog become solely "life updates" and posts about how stressed I am. That way, I can still call myself a food and lifestyle blogger.

This is another easy recipe. You may think that the amount of cheese included in it is unhealthy, but that's not true. You see, because it's homemade, it's actually a super healthy dish. That's just how it works. It doesn't matter how much dairy, sugar, salt you use... if you make it yourself, it's healthy. Right?


Macaroni & Cheese
Ingredients
half a box of macaroni
1/2 cup of butter
cheeses: 1 1/2 cups grated Tex Mex/Colby Jack
              1 cup grated mozzarella
1 pack of shake n bake (or breadcrumbs)
milk

Method
1. in a large pot, bring water to a boil (about 6 cups) and add a liberal amount of salt into it.
2. add your macaroni pasta to the boiling water.
3. once the pasta is done, drain it and set it aside in a separate bowl/strainer. pour olive oil over it to stop the pasta bits from sticking together.
4. in the now empty pot, melt your butter.
5. add both cheeses to the melted butter. add the cheeses 1 cup at a time and pour in a little bit of milk to help everything stick together.
6. add your macaroni to this cheese sauce and mix it all together.
7. pour your macaroni and cheese in a baking dish and at this point you can add some more shredded cheese on top. if not, just add your shake n bake.
8. broil for about 5 minutes, but watch it so it doesnt burn.
9. eat :)))

4 comments

  1. OOO an office job on campus sounds great! On campus jobs are kind of the best because they are conveniently located. I'm with you on not being knowledgeable on political science but I'm sure you'll come around to understand it! Haha, anddd those first few weeks are always niceee!! I still haven't started classes. I'm kind of itching to start learning things again! Take care of yourself! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, the location for the job is great. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Looking gooooood, that mac n cheese! Thanks for sharing!

    Hannah / stained tale

    ReplyDelete

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.