Thursday 3 January 2019

my 2019 resolutions

Happy New Year -- I hope y'all had a good day and stuff.

I am back in the UK right now with my parents. I came back on the 11th of December and staying til the 8th. This year is actually the first in 10 years that we're in Scotland Christmas and New Years.

It's been nice. I forgot how big the UK is about Christmas.

There's Christmas edition of everything. And omg the amount of food. I have honestly not ate this many 'Christmas' biscuits and chocolates in... well, 10 years.

For New Year's, we visited family up in Aberdeen. It was good -- I drank too much and watched fireworks at midnight. You know, pretty standard stuff.


So, it's the time of year for resolutions. I've wrote my resolutions on this blog every year since 2015 which is real dedication yo.

I actually read over my last year's resolutions and, like... wow. I was really big on self-love. I'd say I succeeded, sorta.

Idk I definitely think over the past year I've stopped caring as much about what people think. Honestly, the clothes I wear will show you that. I've started wearing colours that don't always go together but I highkey don't care anymore. Is that self-love? I'll say yes.

This year, my resolutions are a bit more chill. A lot more chill:

1/ Stop drinking soda
I've became one of those people that drinks coke everyday. And I hate it. So I am cutting it out of my diet completely. That way, I'll be forced to drink more water -- which I've also been doing less than.

2/ Read more than one book this year
Being in school, I've lost my love of reading. I used to love reading. I would literally read a book a week, too. In 2018, I think I read 3 books. I want to beat that number. I finished one book yesterday, except I did start reading it last month. But I technically finished it in 2019 sooo I'm saying I've read 1 book so far this year.

--

Iona

Post a Comment

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.