Saturday 30 June 2018

flapjacks recipe


Do you guys use grams or cups to measure baking ingredients?

I've always used cups. It's just so much easier to gage -- especially when you don't have an actual measuring cup. Then again, if I just remember that 1 cup = 150 grams, I suppose 150g would be easy to gage too.

I ask because I think I have a lot of readers from the U.K.

So should I use British measurements in my blog posts??

Or does it not really matter???

I mean, let's be honest, who really makes the recipes they read on blogs? Wait I take it back, I just realised that question could ruin my whole blog potential.

Okay so with that said, I have a recipe post today!

My family is moving to their new house this weekend so for the past 2 weeks we've been trying to use all the food in the cupboards. I think anyone who has ever moved house will know the struggle of trying to make a meal out of oats, jam and dried pasta.

We had 3 full boxes of oats (don't know why) and so I made flapjacks -- which is probably the easiest thing to do with oats, apart from make porridge. 



Easy Flapjack Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil (instead of butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 cups oats

Method
1. Melt together the coconut oil, maple syrup and sugar over a low heat. I think this is pretty much caramel -- or at least it could be?
2. Stir in the oats and then put the whole mixture in a pan and bake for 15-20 minutes at 190C.
3. That's it, really. 

2 comments

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.