Monday 1 January 2018

my 2018 resolutions

Cruzy, France

Happy 2018, everyone!

I hope you had a good New Years. I spent mine sleeping. I slept from 9pm to 11:55pm - woke up and had a glass of Prosseco, then went back to bed 20 minutes later.

This will be the third year I have posted my resolutions on this blog, but I wanted to do it differently this time. It's an open letter to myself. I thought it worked better with these resolutions, because they're pretty much all related to mental well-being.

-

Iona, in 2018, you need to change some habits that have formed. I don't know when you developed such a low opinion of yourself, but this year, you are going to change that.

You have got to stop criticizing yourself. You are not fat and you are not ugly.

And stop doubting how smart you are. You're in university, goddammit. It isn't easy to get into university, let alone last 3 years. This is your last year and you can do it.

You gotta start loving yourself, too, and give yourself the same pep talks you give to your friends. You are worthy, and you need to start believing it.

... Oh, also, try to take pictures of yourself. You don't have many of those and it's sorta weird.

2 comments

  1. Guess who did the same thing on New Years? I couldn't get myself to stay up until 12 :P I adore the openness in this letter to yourself. Treat yourself like a friend would. See the beauty you have<3 I've got some posts on self-love you might like (: Wishing you the best this year!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa :) I’ll read your self-love posts, honestly, I need any tips I can find!

      Delete

© a sweet destination. Design by Fearne.